Monday, February 11, 2013

Girls With Swords by Lisa Bevere - by Molly


Lisa Bevere has long been one of my favorite speakers / authors and recently when her FB post asked for 100 people who would be willing to get an Advanced Readers Copy to review on amazon I jumped on it.  I was pretty grateful for my little "present" from Jesus that I happened to be looking at that exact time - only a couple minutes after she posted.  The 100 spots went quick. 

This book and it did not disappoint.   Women fight differently than men, have different gifts and talents.  Jesus’ kingdom and the power of the Cross is something worth fighting for.  And we fight with the Word of God against the enemy, not against people.

Her opening packs a punch, reminding us that “The attacks on your life have much more to do with who you might be in the future than who you have been in the past.  Becoming who God created you to be is… both your best offense and defense against the enemy’s strategy.”  Her illustration makes this point loud and clear.  Personally this is a great reminder of who I can be in Christ, not just who I am now (thankfully).

But quite honestly, the chapter near the end, regarding the sword of forgiveness is, one of the most powerful I've ever read.  As she recounts the story of her relationship with her father, her longing to see him saved and what God for a bitter, angry old man is truly mind blowing.   The power of a transformed life through forgiveness never gets old and still brings me wonder.

I will be buying copies for my friends and I wholeheartedly recommend this book.




No comments: