Sunday, October 29, 2006

"Safely Home" - A great book

Last week, I read Safely Home by Randy Alcorn. Living in the wealthiest, most comfortable nation in the world, causes me to forget the trials that our brothers and sisters face around the world. Alcorn does a fantastic job of presenting the daily lives of God's faithful who suffer for their love for Him and at the same time reveals the incredible award that awaits them on the other side. "Real gold does not fear fire" is one of the Chinese proverbs often spoken by Li Quan. The fire of persecution has purified the church in China and many other countries closed to the Gospel. After reading this book, I consider how I would fare while enduring the persecutions they face on a daily basis. I thank those who cause us to ask these questions.

No comments: